Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Mahwah High School

Logo Title


Frequently Asked Questions

Athletics - How do I check if a sporting event has been cancelled?

Under the "Student Life" tab, select "Athletics" from the drop down menu. On the lower right hand side of the page, under "Links" choose "Athletic Schedules" for the most current information.

Bell Schedule - What time are students dismissed on a single session day?

12:22 PM

Bell Schedule - What time do students report to school when there is a delayed opening?

The building opens at 9:00 AM. Please do not arrive earlier. Time block 1 starts at 9:40 AM.

Dropping Off Items - My child forgot their lunch/homework. Where can I drop off these items?

All items for students may be dropped off in the front foyer on the book shelve located on the right when you enter the high school building. Students will only be called in between classes to pick up items. 

Early Dismissal - How do I pick my student up for early dismissal?

You can find all of these procedures outlined under the "Student Life" tab. Select "Attendance" from the drop down list, then "Early Dismissal Procedures" on the left side of the page.

ID Cards: Why do I need to carry my ID card everyday at school?

The Mahwah Township Public School ID Card is the official photo identification card for MHS students providing easy access to high school resources and a wealth of innovative technologies.  Each student will receive an ID card in grade 9 that will be used throughout their entire high school career (all 4 years). The district provided ID card allows entrance into high school campus building, as well as the ability to print documents from FollowMePrint in the Media Learning Commons.

In addition, your Student ID bar code is on the back of your ID for scanning into the attendance office, guidance office, health office, Media Learning Commons, and selected social events.

The ID card is the property of Mahwah Township Public Schools and is non-transferable.  Only the person pictured on the ID card is permitted to utilize the card and spend funds from their Payforit Account.  ID cards will be confiscated if presented by someone other than the cardholder or if the card is involved in inappropriate or illegal use.  Fraudulent use of the card will result in disciplinary action. 

Replacement cards cost $10.00.

Report lost ID cards to the Main Office immediately.

Parking - Are juniors allowed to park on campus?

Due to the limited number of parking spaces available to staff and students, only senior class students will be permitted to park a vehicle on school grounds. There will be no parking for juniors for any reason. Juniors who park on school property risk disciplinary consequences, as well as not being issued a parking spot during their senior year. 

Parking - Where should I park when I come to the high school?

All numbered parking spots in our parking lots are assigned to students and staff during school hours. If you are visiting the high school please park in a spot labeled visitor. These spots have been relocated to the three openings between the parking lot and the driveway in the front row closest to the building. You may also park in the driveway (left-side) if you need to come into the building for less than 15 minutes. Parking is not permitted along the yellow curb as it is a fire zone.

Registration - How do I register my student for high school?

Please call the Guidance office at 201-762-2311 or 201-762-2312 to set up an appointment and get all required paperwork.

School Supplies - Is there a list of school supplies I may need available?

Yes, look under the "Academic" section in the summer backpack for a list of possible supplies you will need by department.

Working Papers- Where do I find the application and directions for working papers?

The application and information for processing working papers is now online in the "Student Life" section.